Ive been really excited to try and make a good Vegan Protein Bar for Argus.
After scowering the internet for healthy recipes on Protein Bars ive used a bit of mix and match mentality and have come up with one that is quite heavenly and delicious!
VEGAN PROTEIN BAR RECIPE
Yields: 20 decent sized bars
1 Ripe Mashed Banana
2 Scoops of Sun Warrior Protein (Brown Rice Raw Vegan Protein. I used Vanilla)
1 1/2 C Muslei (or you can use oats)
1/2 C Almond Butter ( you can use any nut butter you choose)
1/2 C Honey
1/4 C Coconut Oil
1/2 C Shredded Coconut (chunky or fine)
1/2 C Tropical Mix (Guava, Mango, Banana) Dried Fruit Chopped into pieces
1/2 C Dried Pineapple (chopped into pieces)
2 Dried Figs (chopped)
1/4 C Raisin and Goji Berry mix
2 Tb Flax Seed
2 Tb Seed Mix ( Sunflower, Pumkin, Sesame)
1/4 C Almond Flakes
2 Tb Cacao Nibs
1/2 C Vegan Chocolate Chips
2 tsp Madagascar Vanilla Powder
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 Tupperware container lined with plastic wrap for pressing your mixture into or an 8x8 pan.
1 Large Mixing Bowl
NOTE: This is alot of ingredients. I was trying to get rid of things that i had in the pantry. You can definately play around and have fun with different mixtures. I actually found that less is more but since im an extremest i had to throw everything in :) These are very nutrient dense and some what of a powerful superfood!
DIRECTIONS ARE EASY! :
- In a large mixing bowl mash your banana first.
- Then throw in all the other ingredients. The order really doesnt matter. This recipe is a bit like a no bake cookie recipe.
- Mix really well with a spatula until all ingredients are throroughly mixed and are sticking together.
WARNING!!!! Once you taste this mixture you are not going to want to keep your fingers out of that bowl!
- Line your tupperware or pan with plastic wrap.
- Spoon in the mixture and press firmly all around until you have covered the tupperware or pan about an inch thick.
- Cover the top with plastic wrap or put your tupperware lid on and pop in the freezer for a couple of hours until they set.
- Take those babies out of the freezer and set onto a cutting board like so.....
Mmmm! Sheer delightful nutritional goodness!!!!
Cut into squares or bars and there you have your healthy on the run Vegan Protein Bar
Wrap individually in plastic wrap and store them in the freezer........that is if you can refrain from eating them all!